Workplace Safety - Employee Safety
Advanced Technology Services is fully committed to providing a safe work environment for our employees and our customers. This is a commitment by the company and is the individual and collective responsibilities of all ATS employees.
The safety of ATS employees is built on a foundation of values, principles and disciplines defined within the organization. Our people are the cornerstones that embed safety through trust, actions and accountability. A zero incident mindset is fundamental to our success. We believe, we embrace, we exemplify this through the following values and beliefs
- Safety is an essential component of every job at ATS. It is considered a requirement of employment.
- Every employee at ATS has the responsibility to assess risk for each job, and take the measures necessary to avoid injury.
- Our people are our number one asset. The health and safety of our people is valued above all else. All incidents, injuries, and occupational illnesses can be prevented.
- We are committed to the protection of people, their families, the community and the environment.
- Safety excellence is the result of attitudes, behaviors, and beliefs of people.
- Safety excellence is everyone's responsibility. Each individual is responsible and accountable for his or her own well-being, and for the well-being of others.
Our strategy is based on a cultural shift to a Zero Incident Culture. The ATS safety efforts are based around four program management elements to become a world class safety organization free of injury. These four programs elements include:
- Management Leadership and Employee Involvement
- Safety and Health Training
- Worksite Analysis
- Hazard Prevention and Control
ATS drives management accountability to the site and individual employee level. Each site sets clear objectives and goals to continually improve. To develop the ATS core safety beliefs within our culture, we continue to expand our behavior based training initiatives which is pivotal to a Zero Incident Culture. Furthermore, ATS has ongoing training efforts, including online training, OSHA 10 Hour training, and Safety 24/7. Each training opportunity is consistently attended by customer employees to further assist in their injury reduction activities.
ATS has tracking tools to ensure worksite analysis is consistent and items identified during health and safety surveys, pre-use analysis, self-inspections, injury/incident investigation, and trend analysis are tracked to closure. We work closely with customer compliance activities to ensure customer and regulatory requirements are met and exceeded. ATS has taken near hit/safety observation reporting to the next level. On average, ATS employees submit 450 near hits/safety observations on a monthly basis. These near hits/safety observations are shared with all ATS locations and used to correct unsafe behaviors and conditions.